View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by htoniv View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I need some advice/suggestions/comments on my situation. Last month while performing a oil change and inspection at my local dealer which i bought the car from, the tech noticed a leak of fluid (he didnt say what type). He didnt know where exactly it was coming from at that moment but advised me to bring it up on the next oil change.

So Fast forwarding 1 month (3,000) miles later, i brought it in for a oil change on Saturday. I mentioned the leak. After 2 hrs ( guess i was the last one to come in at 11), they let me know they detected a leak but are unable to trace exactly of the origin, they put dye in the oil to help them identify the leak and that i will need to bring the car back some time during the week after 200-300 miles and before 500 miles.

My issue is they charged me for the Dye and i guess labor? it was like 12-13 dollars each so, 26-27 dollars for dye and labor. plus my regular 7 dollar oil change. My question is, am i going to end up paying everything for them to repair or work on my engine? Should it not be covered under warranty(power train/other)? Shouldn't it be parts and labor covered? My car has just about 45,000 Mileage on it. I also bought the lame dealership warranty which i dont even know what is covered under that.

I will upload the receipt a bit later to show you guys exactly what the tech wrote.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank You

-Vin
Sorry to hear about the leak. That sure seems like an odd situation. I would be happy to investigate this for you. Could you private message me the VIN and the name of the dealership? I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care