View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRS View Post
I know this is very subjective but I didn't think it's supposed to be this bad, is it?

Went to a reputable muffler shop here in Raleigh today, was actually recommended by another member. Had the MRT installed and I have so much drone that the vibration is rattling my dash. The shop welded the exhaust, I'm not sure what else they could have done or not do? but it's so bad that if I wasn't headed to work I would of had them take it off today! It sounds great on the outside but inside my car is ridiculous.

I did buy the MagnaFlow X pipe when I bought the exhaust from Apex but its not magical is it? I wanted to try the exhaust by itself to see if it bothered me before installing the X Pipe but at this point I have serious doubts it will be the answer.

Any ideas as to why I'm getting so much vibration?
How long has it been since the installation? There is a 1 week break-in period. Many people are nervous when it just comes out of the shop, but hold judgement for a few days to a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRS View Post
Really? The X-Pipe IS magical? Lol

Wow, I would of thought something was wrong with my install or the exhaust itself. Never would of imagined it would be this bad.

Does it really get that much quieter after break in? If the XPipe makes it that quiet than whats the sense? Is there any performance value to an axle back exhaust? Now I'm wondering how much louder it will be after my CAI is installed?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid, obviously I have a lot to learn
After 1 week if it has too much drone or too loud for your taste, an X-pipe is a good solution to tame it down slightly. CAI will not make it significantly louder. It is noticeable with a better tone but only slightly.

All of our MRT customers absolutely love their exhaust, despite initial concerns. We had a customer call wanting to return after it came out of the shop. We told him about the break-in period and if he was still unhappy in 1 week we would issue a full refund. He called back 3 days later just to praise the system.

Last edited by AutoAgenda; 05-25-2013 at 12:58 AM.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote