View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I'll bite, I just recently had my 19" rims powder coated. There was nothing wrong with my rims, but I wanted to change the color to black. Powder coating is suppose to be stronger, but honestly I have no idea which will hold up better. I do know the powder coater I went to does a lot of car parts, motorcycle engines and frames, industrial parts, etc. so it should hold up well.

When I got my tires mounted, the dealership said they took a great deal of time to make sure they don't scratch them, so that was nice. I would recommend taking it somewhere that will use the same level of care, just in case.

Anyways, it was $99 a rim. He prices it based on rim diameter, so $396 all together to strip them and powder coat them. The nicest part about powder coating is it doesn't have to set or cure. Once it's out of the oven and cooled off, it's good to go. The downside about powder coating is you can't powder coat plastic, so I had to have my center caps done separately. I ordered them from Lupe and they came out fantastic. Here's a picture.