View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #12
sweet99ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
These are "no reuse" bolts. Also there are alignment marks on the drive shaft and differential flange that should be checked.

My advice on problems with a used car is that "bubba was here". Remove the bolts, check the flex coupler and replace it if necessary (and it is necessary because of the loose bolts and vibration), and re-assemble with the correct new bolts and the correct torque, which is 85 lb ft.

Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Well clearly the OP has a drive shaft related vibration because it comes and goes with torque. He has quick fixed it by tightening bolts but he is at risk because the bolts shouldn't be re-tightened and reused, and because the "guibo" is toast from all the vibration that already happened.
the guibo is fine... Vibration is gone only one bolt was slightly loose and then one just broke free easily and I torqued them all down.. The worst thing that will happen is it will come loose again lol I'm not worried about it. Just glad to know what was causing vibration with a car I just bought. I have another 9 second camaro. People worry way to much about piddly stuff IMO. If I have a problem with them continually comming loose I'll get new ones and put some blue loctite on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Out of round tires can cause a vibration too. Such was my dilemma.
If it was just at a speed that it happend I would agree. The reason I knew it was drive train related is because it only happend under acceleration. I could keep it at a steady speed anywhere from 70-120 with no vibration. I also took the exhaust out of the equation by going through those speeds and revving in neutral. This told me it was not an exhaust vibration.
sweet99ss is offline   Reply With Quote