View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
As an old school Camaro guy, I'm not a fan of companies that buy rights to a legendary name and slap it on their product in an attempt to add instant credibility. The only modified 5th gen that can trace a lineage to the classic, dealer built, legendary pony cars is Berger. That's the only reason it's worthy of the badge and the name. A Yenko, Baldwin Motion, or Nickey Camaro built today is NOT a Yenko, Baldwin or Nickey original. A 5th gen Berger Camaro IS still a Berger Camaro because it comes from the same family and the same dealership.

I'm not knocking what these companies have done with their Camaros. They do great work and add a lot to the Camaro community. I just wish they wouldn't disrespect the lineage and heritage of past Camaros by hijacking the names for their own benefit. They should go out and make a name on their own and maybe their Camaros will be sought after in 40 years, but please don't claim your Camaros are something they are not. Regardless of whether Joel Rosen has "blessed" DeNooyer to do this (he has), it's a DeNooyer Motion Camaro, NOT a Baldwin Motion Camaro.

Last edited by Hopper; 01-22-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote