View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Blast

Drives: 2009 SAAB 9-5 Aero
I bet GM has people scratching their heads, they don't want to fall behind both the Viper and the Stang, which are the two main competitors of the Corvette and Camaro.

So the LT1 has 450hp, and people are questioning one of the vids if they're not already showing an FI engine, which makes perfect sense to be developing from the start.

Right now I'm hearing two words when it comes to "solving" MPG, pollution, etc : Hybrids and Turbos. When people say turbos they mean "with a smaller engine", however people that don't have a Clue(TM) just hear "turbos".

Turbos are a way easier solution to add to an engine than making it a hybrid. And I'm in no way saying one is better than the other or cannot complement each other, because they can.

And yes, while weird, I do see both the Corvette and Camaro eventually becoming hybrids. I bet people are working on it, but they need to get weight down and get some of the other issues of hybrids solved before I see higher performance vehicles becoming hybrids, just like there's a reason the 'Vette didn't get AFM when trucks did, they needed to get it working better. How much better is the LT1's AFM? We'll see I guess.

// Stefan
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote