View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #121
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
1. i would imagaine eventually. probably next production year. They may have had issues with the paint, possibly too much formaldehyde in the blue color creating way too many problems. It has happen before. But i dont have a definitive answer.

2. Probbaly look at the supplier end of the stick
3. I dont know when your order will be built. I dont have your numbers from your dealer. I am not in charge of tracking cars when they leave the paintshop. I am the one who makes sure your paintjob comes out flawlessly with zero defects and a glossy shine. And if not, i scrap the whole car/body parts and it gets melted down to raw steel.
4. Can you tour the plant. HAHAHA no. sorry. You can stand outside and watch me drink my coffee as i open and close the door quickly so you can get a glimpse of the camaro production line lol
5. No, will never happen. If you want one. You have to go to a dealer. If i want one, i have to go to a dealer. OR if i want slightly used one that is fully loaded, i can buy at the employee garage and drive it out of the GM compound. But no, you cannot buy factory direct.
5. No, I like my job and they pay me well for it. Plus i think Scott would put the boots to me if he caught whiff of me stealing lol.

Target production.

Well seeing as how we are this far along i guess i can let this tidbit loose.

Last Nov we had a meeting and we were told the production target for the camaro in first year production would be 32,400 units. one shift.

Not it has ballooned up to 100,000 plus possibly. There is a set production schedule from start of model year to end of model year. You cant really deviate much from it. As in line add 10,000k extra units. But if they are selling really well, GM can and will do what they want, when they want. It's their factory.

As for how many colors we can build at the same time. We can paint as many colors as we want at the same time. Its not, were painting yellow for 3 weeks straight. We can paint 1 red, 1 black, 1 orange, 1 white. doesent matter, we have robots with different bells on them to paint whatever color. Hell you could even have a multicolored hippy car if you really wanted.

As for the amount of actual cars built per day. Good question, for you that is. We have been given a rough figure. And line times and job times. We have figured out appoximatly how many we will be building when the ramp up begins. But i am not gonna tell you
Thanks for the info....I didn't know if they could change colors that easily. So it sounds like any color can be built in any order or quantity. It just depends on what colors are available at the time.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote