View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #423
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Doc, man that weight keeps coming off! Awesome. A few questions if you don't mind.

Are the holly valve covers you have lighter than the chevy performance aluminum covers? I was thinking of shaving a few pounds in the engine bay and covers are not too expensive but figured might as well go to something very clean looking, without being able to see the coils.

My problem though is I run the 1LE oil cap catch can/oil air separator. Not sure that works with any valve covers. Have you removed the insulation off the intake manifold under the fuel rail?
No, actually to my surprise the Holly covers were just under a pound heavier. However since you mount the coils directly to the cover you get to remove the factory coil mounting plates which weigh 2.6 lbs (for both) so the net result is you save just over a pound and a half. Not a biggie but it does clean up that area and makes it look more organized.

Not sure what you're referring to. Are you saying there's insulation under the intake manifold between it and the engine block?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote