View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by machina View Post
So it's about to be that time of the year where it is simply too cold to wash. I won't let it go through one of those brush car washes. Did that with my previous car and when the sun hit it.. you could see swirl marks all over. With that being said, how bad are touchless car washes? There is one close to me that does a hell of a job. It's not something I will be doing every few days or anything, but maybe for those weeks where it is just freezing. What do ya'll think?
The major problem with touch less is the severity of the chemicals they use. They strip most waxes and sealants, leaving your paint vulnerable.

The other main problem is people thinking they truly clean the car. Then they go rubbing on it to dry or apply wax or something. Those car washes do not get you a level of clean that would allow you to touch the paint.

So, as long as you don't towel dry or buff on the paint, you probably won't cause any direct damage from using a touch less. You just need to understand that you're now more vulnerable to salt and crap from the roads.

One option to consider is a rinseless wash. You can fill a bucket with hot water and do your rinse less wash in the garage. Still won't be pleasant, but tolerable and a better option IMO. That's what I'll be doing this winter.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2