View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I understand what you are saying but there are plenty of innovative games for people like you (not being demeaning) that look for more then just main stream FPS. Business is business. A company is going to produce a game that will cost the least and get the most sales...tweeking the game year to year with as little money invested. They wont change it to much because it isnt broken. Year after year they shatter their own sales. A new developer needs to come out with something more innovative to change the mold. I play other games then just main stream FPS games, but my friends do not. So I find myself playing COD/Halo games year after year and still enjoy them. Yes they miss something new but they are still well desgined games.

I have played Black Ops for 260 hours online. I paid 60 bucks for the game. That is less then a quarter an hour of entertainment. I find that to be a great investment. (Yes I play a lot but I have ADHD and it is the only thing that will calm me down to sleep at night). I consider my self a hardcore gamer, but I appreciate the main stream games as well as the underground. It could be a lot worse you know!?
No I get what you're saying, I'm just getting on my soap box in regards to annual release games and such And I think Kickstarter is doing wonders for developers that really want to make a good GAME vs making money (though they'll probably make more money off their games than they would if they contracted under a publisher like EA). And who knows, maybe this new CoD will end up being a breath of fresh air. One can hope