View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Downriver Cruise

Did any of you 'Do The Cruise' later in the day?

I took a lap or two after about 7:15pm.

Between Sibly and Eureka (going northbound) it was nuts. Took me over an hour just to go the 2 miles and my left foot is tired.

A whole lot of very nice rides there, offset by the typical bunch of rusted out 4x4 trucks showing off the fact that they can spin the rear tires with an empty bed.
The section of Fort in front of Kmarts was a long string of burn-out spots complete with spectators pouring water to help things along.
For quite a stretch there was another lifeted 4x4 behind me who insisted on doing a burn out every time he could move ahead.
I could just picture one of these morons lighting the tires behind me and ending up in my trunk.
Needless to say I was constintly asked 'Hey SS, light'em Up'
Not a chance.
Just after 9:00 the police started closing the right-hand lanes especially along Kmarts.

All in all it was a gorgous day/night for a cruise (especially in a Vert).

Loved the blown V8 front engine VW Beetle.

Waaay to many Mustangs, quite a few camaros including several 5th Gen's.

Hated the rusted out early 80's Caprice with the Rap music blaring from what must have been an old AM radio that I got stuck next to for what seemed eternity.

My lungs will probably take a few weeks to get all the exhause fumes and burnt rubber smell out, but it was worth it.

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote