View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
Thank you for clearing that up. So my next question is- what is the benefit of Comp Mode then? My car is basically a to and from work car when the weather is nice, or a road trip car (again nice weather). Once the snow falls, this sucker is going in the garage and the truck is coming out. I've never owned a car that has this stuff on it, so I'm still in the dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
So if you're going to jump on it at the stop light (as I say "Give it the Onion") would you just leave it in Sport Mode and let the car do its thing, or would it be a good time to use Comp Mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Give it a try with and without, and go with YOUR comfort zone. The two mode act differently ...
SlingShot is exactly right. StabiliTrak and Traction Control (TCS) are both "tools" if you will that come on most cars these days. They are tools in that they basically help aid drivers by preventing wheel spin and lost control of the vehicle. You can think of it this way in basic terms: traction control keeps your wheels from spinning on straight line acceleration and StabiliTrak keeps the car "in line" when it starts to fish-tail.

I would recommend finding a quiet spot (parking lot or abandoned road) to test this out versus while driving with cars around you. TCS off will allow you to smoke the tires. StabiliTrak off will allpw the car to easily get sideways on you. So if you haven't messed with the car in this way, I would make sure you have some space to do it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis nunez View Post
Guys I have a simple question about this... Does the competitive mode add HP? If I dyno a Car with Competitive mode on, will the car show a higher RWHP or TQ?

O
Neither of these modes adds any HP to the car. They only engage or kick in when you have wheel spin due to loss of traction or when the front of the car gets out of line with the rear. I would doubt that turning either off on a dyno run would make any difference.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote