View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
mm , thanks all

i believe ill go after " drive it like you steal it ,but still you do love it " naah ill just break in hard

good choice! but just remember to be easy on the transmission, a hard break in is the best for the ENGINE and its RINGS, not so much for the tranny. so like adk said, start at a low gear say 2nd or 3rd, rolling 30-50 mph and gun it.

here's where my strat. will differ.

I'll take it to the top of the gear, but won't shift, ill just let it wind back down (for the first 300 or so). Also a major difference in my method would be NOT to shift to neutral, but to keep the load on the engine during the deceleration because vacuum pressure in the cylinders also play an important role in seating the rings...

I can't understand why adk would say to shift to neutral...from the first manual i ever drove i was taught not to take a high load off of the transmission (by pushing on the clutch, or shifting to neutral)

adk if you have any input on this discrepancy, DO TELL!

good luck breakin in your beast--don't be afraid to hurt it, they have already run the S*%T out of that motor before it was even put in your car.