View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Same question here as well.

I'm sure someone is trying to cover all bases but just in case, has anyone hit up a local autocross club? Wondering if they would consider working it and maybe provide some instruction for a slight fee charged to participants for their club? I really wish I'd tried it at C51. I'm probably going to have my wife and kids along so I could work a bit but no way am I getting away with doing it all day.
That is the first thing we did. They declined. Last year we had similar issues, but at the last minute. We thought we were all in agreement that the local SCCA club would staff the event. The night before they said here is the timing equipment see ya. We were able to get them to keep at least one person on the timing equipment for the two days we ran, but that left us in a very bad position. My Dealers and their wives spent 2 /1/2 days baking in the sun, but we made it work.

This year the SCCA declined in December so we have time to make our own plans for operation and staffing. With six dedicated Camaro5 Member / Managers and the driver's working the corners we'll be able to cover the event without over working anyone.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote