View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #573
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Idk, I kinda like it. My RAM has the same stuff. It doesn't really look chrome. Looks kinda like polished stainless. I dont think it is trying to emulate anything. A little too grey to look like chrome or polished metal. Just adds a different texture and look against all the matte stuff. I guess they could use Piano Black, but that's just a fancy way to describe gloss black plastic. Its a Camaro, not a Mercedes... lol sure, would i rather have real metal, wood, or carbon? Yup, but not if that means id have to pay $60k for a Camaro. Looks a heck of a lot better than the real fake chrome used in the 1960s cars. My 65 chevelle had an entire dash gauge bezel insert made from plastic chrome.

Regardless, the 6th gen interior is far superior to anything Chevy offered in a Camaro previously. When all the other American car companies stepped up their game, Chevy was last in line.

That is one of the main reasons I wasn't even considering a Camaro. I was shocked at how nice it was when i saw it in person given how low my expectations were. I do wish my gauge panel was centered in the dash though and it didn't have a gap on the left side... lol
I wish they'd get rid of the faux chrome stuff too. I like the way it looks but it's so blinding when the sun hits it just right. I don't like when my car blinds me
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote