View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #574
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Go look at the Kia (yep Kia) Stinger. Real metal not fake painted plastic. Starts in the low 30s and TOPS OUT at $52,000. That interior is very nice and it's pretty much in the Camaro price range.

You guys are letting GM off the hook if you think it's ok to have a $40,000 plus Camaro with low rent plastic and trim.

This has been GM's problem for years. At mid to upper 20's, the interior on the Camaro is really pretty good. For a $40,000 and up car? Not so much. GM has done that for years, put an interior that for the base car price point is pretty solid but then option the car up to, in the case of the Camaro, $70,000 and it really is far from competitive. Yes, the performance is a bargain. But if you pay $70,000 for a car you really aught to be able to expect a $70,000 interior. And that means E-class Mercedes......er ooops GM doesn't know how to do that in a Cadillac. How about at least a Cadillac then, lol.

I dearly remember my Saturn Sky Redline. For the base $19,000 car it was awesome. But the Redline stickered at $36,000. For $3,000 more you could get an Audi TT that had a wonderful interior. The Saturn? Hard plastic everywhere with a touch of piano black to differentiate it from the Pontiac. For the most part, I really loved that car and wish I still had it. But it's an example of how GM does interiors for the base price point but doesn't consider the top end of the line.