View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #587
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3d83d View Post
I couldn't agree more. I'm no longer in the Military; I got out in 2009 after 9 years in. My first command was on the USS Blue Ridge which does a lot of Joint operations with all services. My second command was a joint command in Tokyo. Now I work as a contractor on an Air Force base with contractors with prior service in all branches. It's funny what level some people will stoop to make their branch look better than others. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked about why the Navy has their names stitched on the back of their pants. That never gets old (/sarcasm). Again, it just comes down to maturity. I won't say that I've never made fun of other services, but I will say that I haven't done it in a really long time. I guess I just decided to grow up.

This whole argument of something being better than something and proving it by using inferiority as a weapon is simply immature and there is really no reason to try to reason with a person that does this. They cannot be convinced otherwise as they are too immature to be objective and have an adult debate.

/off soapbox
Amen!
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote