View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
javidgt8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Cyber Gray
Exclamation Stabilitrak + ABS/ST/TC Lights + Grinding

Hey guys, I bought my 2011 Camaro 2SS 6MT a few months ago and recently Ive encountered a weird issue. Ive seen a few other posts similar but not exact. About a week ago I hopped in my car after it was sitting for maybe 2 hours and immediately in the parking lot my brakes started grinding. At high speeds it wasn't noticeable but at lower speeds, as so as I get on the brake I hear this awful grinding noise and feel a vibration in the brake pedal. I also had a freind who was sitting in the back who said he felt vibrations back there. I checked the brakes and rotors and they seemed fine. I decided to take a leap and try to drive home, as the brakes still worked, just at low speeds it grinds badly. This is the weird part. As I was driving a few minutes later, my car begins chiming and the service stabilitrak notice comes up, along with the ABS/TC lights, and just like that the grinding was gone. Since then ive noticed usually the car with start and already have the lights on which means no grinding, or if they arent on, it will grind for a little and then the system will set off the stabilitrak/abs lights again and stop the grinding. I took it to a shop and the guy said to change the pads and rotors and also scanned it and told me the left rear wheel speed sensor needs to be replaced. I bought pads and rotors but upon taking the wheels off and inspecting them they seem fine. Theres a very small slight step at the edge, but no apparent uneven wear on the pads. I changed the pads but left the rotors since they dont seem to need replacing. The noise still continued. Then I figured I'd try the wheel speed sensor, and that didnt work either. I still have the rotors but im not sure if i want to put them on or not and risk not being able to return them. I took it to another mechanic who also said to change the senor(before i had changed it). So now my car is still sitting in the garage. I miss cars and coffee in Orlando today too because of it. Sad day. Id really appreciate some help with this guys. If you know any shops that are really good with camaros in Orlando please let me know.

-J