View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
May be a little late but what you are experiencing is the vehicle believes it is losing traction and is attempting to correct the issue and you abs is going off which is the vibration you are feeling, when it fails to correct the issue it figures that it is a problem with your abs/stabilitrak system so it disables them. This means that your abs isnt on so the car wont have the vibration/noise of the brakes constantly adjusting. I had a similar issue which was caused by having front tires that were much smaller diameter than my rear tires thus spinning at different speeds, as a temp fix I pulled fuse #40 to disable abs when I start car (note your guages will light up like a christmas tree). Something is causing the vehicle to think it is sliding when you brake thus tripping your abs. By pulling the fuse you wont have the abs kicking off and the car should be driveable without the grinding and danger the abs posses when initially stopping, just try not to have to slam on the brakes in the mean time. This will at least let you drive the thing assuming there isnt a serious issue that is causing it until your mechanic can fix it.

Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote