View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #1227
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
We would like to once again give thanks for the wonderful support of the 2010 BBOMG event sponsors and the generosity of the participants in the Saturday night raffle. The generosity of those involved meant that the weekend's events were entirely free to those that attended (except the dinner of course). However in addition to this, we are pleased to announce that the weekend's events resulted in surplus of
$1,521 !!!

We decided to donate the proceeds to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BB-BS) Organization of Oshawa-Whitby. For those of you who are not aware of this organization, they pair up responsible men with fatherless boys and responsible women with motherless girls. This gives the kids a mentor to look up to and share thoughts, ideas that they are reluctant to share with anyone else.

The organization regularly holds activities which the brothers and sisters participate in together and we are encouraging them to bring the kids out to Nurse Chevrolet next year to join us. If one kid falls in love with someones car enough to fly straight and work hard enough to buy a Camaro some day, we as contributors and participants of BBOMG did good!

Today we presented a representative of Big Brothers Big Sisters with the proceeds from the weekend. The presentation was conducted at one of the BBOMG hosts, Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac.

Included above are (left to right): Mary Nurse, Shawn Irwin, Mike Judge, Linda Landry, Noel Mowat (BB-BS), Scott English, Gilles Landry, Joe Pitaro, Oshawa Mayor John Gray (Hylton Jorssen - not present).
I can't tell you how awesome it was to be a Sponsor of this event - Scott & Hylton, you did an OUTSTANDING job with this weekend. I have NEVER, EVER had a time like I did in Oshawa, and I look VERY FORWARD to being a part of it next year, as it grows, with more attendee's and new Camaro owners!

And I can tell you Newman Chevrolet will be back on board!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote