View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #30
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber84 View Post
I have the pfadt phase 5 race suspension on my car from 2 years ago. Only 9 track days on my car.I only drive it to the track and on the track (not my daily driver) 6900 miles on it. On Aug. 2nd 2013 I was scheduled for a 3 day track event at Watkins Glen and on the first day, second session, my drivers side lower control arm bushing broke (the polyurethane ripped out) causing my front end to feel like the front wheel was going to fall off. I had to extend my stay and have my car fixed (stock control arm replacement) so I could drive it home.

I'm a little dissatisfied with Pfadt as this is the second part to fail with hardly any milage on it. (Upper sway bar end link heim joint was the other failure) They sent me a new heim joint for "cost" $20 which I thought was unfair.

When everything was working the car drove like it was on rails, stable and predictable. I just think these parts should last longer than 9 track days.

I called them today (Got voicemail) and i'm waiting for a reply on the lower control arm bushing.
Is this the front , rear lower control arm bushing behind the radius rod bushing. If so I highly recommend you not use those because I realized they bind and reduce articulation in a bad way in the front. I use the solid spherical bush pictured on the first page and they work great.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote