View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #25
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
Trunk Lid Paint Chipping Off

I had this problem with mine it only had 75 miles on it! However I didnt trust the dealer to do the repair so what I ended up doing is taking the trunk off the car myself and taking it to a professional bodyshop of a person I thoroughly trust to do the repair and color match paying out of pocket which I didnt mind because I didnt want the trunk on the car when it was getting done like alot of dealers working flat rate would do, I figure if the trunk was removed theres no problems of overspray on the car and its only 4 bolts and an electrical connection to remove the deck lid, Id rather go through removing the trunk then having problems with other parts of the car during the dealer paint process in the paint booth, However the problem I found was the GM kit for the spoiler the spacers are only made of thin foam once you snug the bolts the spoiler is right up against the trunk again, So I took one of the spacers from the GM kit traced them on a rubber sheet cut the rubber spacers out of the sheet and with the solid rubber spacers once the bolts were snugg for the spoiler the spacing was achieveable so no further damage would occur.
2011 SS SLP ZL427 is offline   Reply With Quote