View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosbergd View Post
Open question for you guys running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on your ZL1...

I really enjoy Tracking my ZL1 and I was curious of the guys that are overwhelmingly pleased with their Michelins, have they used them extensively on the track or are you guys basing your feedback primarily from highway driving experience?

I've been really pleased with the Goodyears on the track with no traction issues at all given that the tires have had a chance to heat up. How many of you guys are running your Michelins on the Track and what are your comparison thoughts from a Track Perspective vs. the Goodyears?
I had the Michelins on my CTS-V and tracked it with those and I'm still running the original Goodyears on my Camaro on the street. I have only had the Camaro on the track with racing tires. Without actually swapping the tires and running laps it is hard to say for sure but from my experiences I think the Michelins have more grip everywhere, especially when wet. I'm planning on switching to Michelin when the goodyears are gone.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote