View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
seems like biased opinions from both vendors not that its bad but I just dont know which way to turn. I am honestly doing this upgrade to our company demo car to eliminate vibration on the highway and high speed straights on the track. We are not drag racers and we are not that hard on the car. Its the OEM unit that just outright stinks. No driveshaft shop can balance the entire OEM assembly in NY metro area so I figure toss it for a new one.

Its so frustrating driving this car now at any speed above 65.

I will throw this message out to both G Force and Hendrix. What sort of warranty do you both promise regarding your shafts? What if we bought the shaft and it made the vibration worse what are our options?
And you are positive it is the DS? Not a tire/wheel balance problem? Or a halfshaft problem? I have no vibrations, none, all the way up to insanely fast speeds. I am running the stock shaft on a not-so-stock car inc a supercharger. I just have not seen a lot of DS issues in low mile cars in my many years when I was a tech but it is possible I'm sure. And it could be a faulty unit, maybe get it warranted?

Last edited by hypurone; 08-24-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: sp
hypurone is offline   Reply With Quote