View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Damn. Chevy should be ecstatic about this. You have a stock 1LE and you're showing nearly everyone on that course who's boss. You're a darn good driver, Mark! It looked like you passed a Lotus and a couple Porches, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Meant to ask you, did you follow the brake burnishing instructions before racing?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=10

Also, did you upgrade the brake fluid before racing?
Thanks,yeah i was only passed by one car the whole day and that was the ZR1 which there is video of,i didnt let him get away though,its in the 1st set of videos i posted.I got passed by one Porsche in i think the 1st or 2nd session,but got him back the next session.The Lotus i got as well,and just like the guy in the mustang the Lotus driver came up to me after words and commented how fast i was,considering i have never been there before,and no one passed me, guess i did pretty good.Brian, you are going to love this track in your 1LE, a little advice since now i know.I was doing too much shifting since i was learning the track,we have enough torque in our hot rods that once you exit turn #4 stay in 3rd you dont need to downshift to 2nd in #4 and #5 if you watch the video you will see im only in 2nd for a small time,it will help your times if you stay in 3rd.No i just ran the stock brake fluid,and yes i did the brake burnishing about a month before track day,man it takes a lot of time and needs to be done early in the morning with very few people on the frwy.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote