View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #555

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The ZL1 and 1LE aren't high volume models. At any price, the Z/28 won't take away any sales from the ZL1 or 1LE. There are clear cut delineations in performance between them, and they are priced accordingly...and reasonably.
Affordability is subjective.The Z/28 is a special purpose, purpose built car for one target group. It will be priced no differently, with the same cost to profit ratio as the other models. They only project to make X amount of these specialty vehicles, and it's baked into the cake with the allocations. That can be adjusted over time. They are all very low in production, as compared to cars designed for mass transportation, where the cost of production over total volume would probably have a more tangible effect. The Z/28 will no doubt be a pleasant surprise where it comes in at with it's MSRP. It will fall in line with it's other Camaro HP brothers. I can't wait to find out the final build information and specifications. This is mean motor scooter, bad go getter Camaro I truely desire, after all these years.

Good points...I knew my sales comment would come off bad...lol...I think your use of "specialty" is something too consider...1LE, ZL1...sort of a mixed bag of upgrades to the SS, (please don't slam me for that one, but in general, you get my drift...lol) built with components used in other models...Not a "high" volume, as you say, but certainly more than what the Z/28 will be...

...Just sayin' this Z/28 uses nothing...brakes,suspension, tires, wheels, engine, rear-end, seats, widened fender flares, weight reduction,etc...that any of the other models do...It will be very pricey....

Last edited by 90503; 04-11-2013 at 10:53 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote