TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I didn't have time to read thru all the thread, but let me say this:

The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.
Period.
The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.
When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.
Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.
Not bad for an all-new world class architecture.
Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.
So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
Thank you very much, Scott.

While it might take 2 years to have the concept roll off the line as a production vehicle, it will be worth the wait. This just gives us all the more time to put the pennies away in the bank and save up for the big daddy of them all!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote