View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas90 View Post
Last month I bought my first new car in more than 10 years. 2013 Victory Red, 2SS, RS, Black Rally Stripes, Hurst short throw, Dual mode. Overall, I love the car. Now i'm still in the break in period, but I find there are a few things that bug me and one thing I hate. I'm not wild about CAGS, or Hill start assist. The big problem is I HATE the Pirelli P Zeros. Many moons ago I auto crossed and road raced so I'm pretty sensitive to the overnight flat spotting and the loss of grip as the temperature drops. Even when warm, I find them mediocre on roll in and grip, fair to poor in the wet. Short version, the car deserves better tires.
I've called the dealer (many miles away in KC) no help, except to say "we hear this all the time about these tires". They did have their accessory guy call me. He left me a voice mail that basically told me that "buying new tires are expensive" (doesn't sound like any special deal in the offing). I did send Chevy an e-mail and while I was busy they left me a voice mail and an e-mail. So...anybody have any experience on such a situation? Were they any help? I'd be willing to put up a few more bucks to get off these bad tires, but not too many .... I did just drop most of my cash on the car.
You should go test drive a Mustang GT. talk about poor performance oem tires those are far worse. I found the P Zeros acceptable here in Az but its never cold here.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote