View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
for all of you......do you have it also set up as random shuffle.....and you have to reset it to shuffle everytime you get in the car? I bet it does.....this is a problem withy all '10's and '11's.....and their is a fix. the best part is its covered under WARRANTEE! that is if your car is still overed. There was a TSB (Technical Service Bullitin) issued (PI0055B) that will address this issue. I have attached the TSB and at the top is the GM P/N that needs to be installed.

The following information was sent to me via:

Scott Settlemire - GM Global Headquarters
Cheryl Pilcher – Camaro Product Manager
Jeff Morris – GM Customer Service.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE

also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Name:  BD-DD PDIM.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  51.7 KB

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote