View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #641
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I agree with you here. I guess it depends on what the 1LE package will end up costing and their intended market. The Boss 302 was mentioned and it was mentioned it would cost a little less. Well...the Boss 302 has more hp over a gt and the motor is underrated so it makes more than the advertised 444 hp. I think I saw 416 rwhp from insideline. The motor also has forged internals and the heads are ported from the factory.

I believe it has an upgraded clutch in addition to a list of suspension upgrades and other things. Point being it has a laundry list of upgrades for $42K.

The 1LE option sounds like a step above the GT track package, but without engine upgrades it's not in Boss Territory in terms of value even if it can out handle the BOSS.

The track pack on the GT costs $2500 so it comes down to what the 1LE package will cost. If it starts costing much more than $3K, then it may be a hard sell. $39,995 1LE will be a hard sell compared to a $42,000 Boss

From a Ford Press Release:
Who cares what the boss has if it can't win. I'm interested in results. If the 1LE can outperform the boss with less upgrades than that's a testament to the motor and platform that GM gives you from the start. A quicker lap time on VIR in a Camaro that is at least ten grand cheaper than the boss LS, sign me up.