View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #48
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
So I have a question... If I get the black rally stripes on an SS they will come over the lip spoiler, but I am getting the high wing spoiler, so when they remove the lip spoiler to put on the high wing, a piece of the stripes will be missing in the back because it is still on the lip. How are they going to fix that?
They won't :( You have 3 options:

1. You will need to remove the SS spoiler and do body work/repainting on the trunk lid if you want the high wing spoiler so getting the factory stripes on the trunk lid will be a waste of money for you. After body work and paint, install high wing spoiler and dealer stripes.

2. Find someone who bought a red LS (no spoiler) and trade him your factory spoiler trunk lid for his non spoiler trunk lid. Install high wing and dealer stripes. Should be easy to do this even though very few LS will initially be available. This is currently my best suggestion.

3. Order a new trunk lid, paint it red and then install the wing spoiler on it and re-stripe that trunk lid while keeping/selling the original with the factory installed stripes/spoiler.