View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I agree with the general opinion here. While a quality track car is a respectable hobby, I'm still going to need to get to work. There's just no way many people will buy a stripped down model when they can do it themselves. Actually, I have a lot of respect for people who will take a higher model and take out what they don't need. I never trust the factory to make the most out of performance. They won't bore and stroke for you. If anyone really wants a balls-to-the-wall track model, they should really take pride in building it themselves and not relying on their favorite car company to do the work for them. Besides, building your own pet monster is far more satisfying than having Chevrolet build it for you.

I know what you're saying about performance on the track boding well for those on the street, but it's just not cost-effective to offer the option. GM needs to compete really aggressively over the largest market segments. The small ones, like us, are fairly lucky to get the attention we get at all. There are a lot of enthusiasts out there, but they need to focus on making cars that they can sell to anyone.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote