View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
so.....should I just put on the headers and get a tune and call it done......I really dont feel like changing the fuel system......? i think i just want to settle for the hp that the headers will free up and be ok with less boost and a better flowing /efficient motor. How does that sound?
If it were me I would do the headers cats and exhaust. I would take a 3.6 pulley with me when I did my tune. If your AFR are exceptable put the 3.6 on it. They are only 50-60 bucks. If you can get away with putting it on which your tuner will tell you than put it on while its there. Same belt size no sweat. It will save you a retune later and if you don't need it there are plenty of guys out there that will take it off your hands for a minumal loss.
As a matter of fact I know a guy right now that would take it off your hands.

He is going to do what I just suggested to you. Boost a pumps are not working They are failing and wouldnt give you what you need to go bigger anyway. I would just leave it at what you can SAFELY Get out of your factory pump. By the way... you will loose a pound or two of boost with the headers which is not a bad thing. You will still increase HP without adding cylinder pressure.

550RWHP will be at the very top end of what you can get with a maggie and stock pump.( on LS3) I have seen more but most have either added cams or other mods or are running meth to compensate for lack of fuel. Or just running way too lean for my tastes( To each his own)

As my Dyno showed I was running out on my LS3 at 527HP with Lt. Cats,and exhaust. It will vary by temp humidity, altitude , dyno, but 550 will be on the hi end with out meth or more fuel.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote