View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
My plan was to build a stout street car only, no intent to run on the track. I wanted all the grunt I could get from idle to around 4500 rpms. Now, at times I go above this but not all that often.

Because of this, and after asking about the same thing you just did, and getting hundreds of good recommendations, I went with the maggie on my L99 and I could not be happier.

I have heard that the Centri blowers are similiar to turbo units, they start building boost at higher rpms then the PD blowers but they will continue to build boost right up till the limits of the rpm ranges. For this reason, for a strip car, the centri blowers would probably be best.

I have also heard they are easier on a stock engine. If your really hard on your car with a stock bottom end, the PD blowers will probably be the hardest on your stock bottom end.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote