View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #108
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Tag, I agree with that approach for ABL. Could be the same for the stripe disaster. Hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Geez Copo. You are truly a broken record. Being a Mod on another site, you would think you would be able to word things a little more thoughtfully.
I see no reason to treat GM with kid gloves regarding any issue we have with the car. Disaster is simply a strongly opinionated word, not disrespectful.

I for one would like to know exactly when GM realized they couldn't reasonably produce the rally stripes as they had been showing them, how long it may have been prior to our pre-orders and why they withheld that from us, if indeed they did. But surely they must have come to that realization early on. Did the initial installers tell management it was a piece of cake? No! They said, "Do you know what a f***ing pain in the ass that was to do? How do you expect the people at dealerships to do it?" It did not involve a technology hurdle, simply a "can we do it large scale or not" decision. But we weren't privy to that info. until much later.

At least with ABL, it appears they believe they stand a chance of overcoming the hurdles and producing the product for us as shown.