View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #247
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjnight View Post
Dealer should have give him the 13 vert sitting on their lot. Then part out the wrecked one and claim the rest as a loss. By the time his accountant was finished with it for the 2013 tax season he'd never even seen the loss. And he'd saved face and kept his insurance record good. The dealership is an absolute idiot for letting a service writer even have after hours access to this stuff in the first place and if I owned the place I'd probably fired the service manager too for giving the writer access after hours. Just my two cents. Doing good business involves learning from your mistakes and looking at the bigger picture. I don't think they are looking at anything but trying to save a buck!
Ok i have spoken to the OP under the state law neither he or the dealer can get the car back unless they have a salvage lic.So its not as simple as that,or as some of you guys really think it is,this is a p.i.a for both sides..the OP is not allowed to even buy the car back,unlike the great state of Texas where i have done this on a totaled car of my own through no fault of my own...