View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #15957
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
For those of you who have XM radio or don't because you don't want to spend the money here is some advice. Some think they are hard to work with but i've had a fairly good experience.

I forgot about my last promotion (5 for 25) and the other day i got charged $38 for 3 months of service. So I called them today and told them that I want them to cancel my account and pro rate the $38 for the 5 days i used the service. I told them though, if they gave me my 5 months for $25 deal I would continue to subscribe I just wasn't paying the large rate for it. Ended up getting $8 or $9 refunded back and got my service from today til July 8th.

I always do the 5 month for $25 promotion. I think it works out to like $30 after taxes and fees. Worth it to me. Here is how you get it. Call up and tell them you want to subscribe (if you don't have an active radio) or tell them you want to cancel (if you have an active radio). They will offer a year for $89ish and then 6 months for $40 ish...decline and keep saying its too expensive just cancel but then put in there "but if you guys could give me 5 or 6 months for $25 I might stick around." By doing this I have gotten this promotion every 5 or 6 months since I've had my car. Only once did I have to call back a couple times til I finally got in touch with a friendly, willing to help agent.

I hope this quick tidbit helps some of you if you desire XM radio...especially with the long Camarofest road trip ahead.