View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
i do not track my car and i upgraded to the cts v set up because i wanted them. i went with r1 rotors, pedders brake lines, hawk pads which i dont recommend just dont forget the new master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
I don't and I upgraded my brakes on my ss with the JDP package cause they look so ba. Especially with the wheels I have, the brakes stick out, the 6 piston brakes look massive next to the oe brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Rob it's like anything you will ever do to your car. You have to decide what you need as far as performance, then looks, and balance the cost. Admittedly looks play a role in my decision to go to the ZL1 set up but since I plan on doing HP mods I hope to get close to ZL1 power N/A.

With all that said the brakes on my 1LE SS are more than ample for stock performance and they should be more than enough for a rowdy V6 Camaro.

Decide what you NEED, then decide what you WANT... then figure out what you can AFFORD.
Basically it's like Firefighter said, if you want it and can afford it get what you want. Most people are on a budget and can't afford to endlessly spend money on mods. The stock SS Brembos are more than good for street use and daily driving. If you want to spend money on mods you can actually feel to improve your driving experience, there's better things to spend money on than what's essentially a cosmetic brake upgrade...unless you're building a show car, but it didn't sound like the OP was into that.

But like the man said:

"Decide what you NEED, then decide what you WANT... then figure out what you can AFFORD".

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote