View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ain't gonna happen in the near future. The ZL1 has brand value and Chevrolet wants to protect it. If you want a ZL1 logo on a six pot caliper you are going to pay a premium price for them. The CTS-V parts are a bargain.

use the CTS-V dual cast rotor, CTS-V brake pads front and rear along with Pedders brake lines.
Pete the thing is I don't want the logo. I'll actually try and come up with something that says 1LE.

My problem is that if you do a front and rear painted set up from one of the vendors it's approaching $4K. I can do it cheaper with used parts and rebuild them myself. It will be a hassle. If the GM kit is mid $2K I'm going to go that route. I want black calipers and don't necessarily need fancy rotors the factory stuff will be ample.

I would consider doing the Racing Brakes rebuild kits with the SS pistons, if I did used parts.

I'm still in the research phase. The stock SS brakes are really very good for the street and I can see them being adequate for the track until you reach a higher level of driving than I am currently capable of.

It is a 60/40 proposition for me right now 60% looks and 40% performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by Firefighter; 06-18-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote