View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #176
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I also think it's an age thing. The younger guys seem to lean more towards the 500 for straight line speed, while the older guys prefer the twist and turns. For most older guys we have been there done that in straight lines and now it's time to move onto something different, that has more of a challenge for us.
I am young and I prefer corners to straight lines, I think it has to do with geography and the local culture. The people who I know who live in the mid west are all about straight line speed, here in so cal we have a lot of curvy roads to drive on in the mountains.

This has been one reason why import brands made so many inroads into the west coast and now certain Domestic models are doing much better here. Now you can buy two models of Camaro that handle really well and all of the Corvettes handle really well. Not to mention the CTS V series line up (we have a lot of them here where I live).

It comes down to if the domestics want to start making inroads in the west coast at least when it comes to performance cars they have to make them go around corners.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote