View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #698
Seraphim53

Drives: camaro ZL1 2G1FS1EP6C9800160
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Guys, 4 to 6 weeks is correct. There is a problem, but it is not a big one. The dealers could fix them but GM would rather fix them themselves. They stopped production temporarly only so there are not a bunch of them parked everywhere. They are very are very tight lipped as to what the problem is. I received this info on saturday, but was reluctant to say anything because some people go crazy. As bummed as I was, I was also glad they are fixing it and not the dealer.
I want to point out first that I'm not upset about the wait. As I said in a previous post I'm excited about my ZL1 and am patient for it's delivery. I just want to point out that:

It Isn't 4 to 6 weeks. My VIN was passed to me in FEB. My dealer told me that delivery was pending when the order went 4B00 on 2/3/2012. My dealer then told me delivery would be 'about 3 weeks'.

1) It is 6 weeks since 2/3/2012. If someone is saying the delay is 4 to 6 weeks from now, that isn't 4 to 6 weeks, that's 10 to 12 weeks.

2) If Q&A hold is normal and an operational standard why isn't there a 'code' for Q&A hold? If I was a dealer and I saw an order go (4B00) I would also tell my customer to start the financing. How do you expect the dealer to know the difference between:
(4B00-Delivery In process) and (4B00-10-12 week Q&A hold)?
Unless you tell them, which apparently happened 4 to 6 weeks after the 4B00 Q&A hold went in place.

I will love my 2012 ZL1. I know I will. I'm not complaining, and I don't mind waiting. It should be noted though that if I'm waiting till may for my 2012, I'll actually be waiting till June or July for my 2013, because I'd rather wait an extra 30 days for a new car rather than take a car that sat on a lot in the snow for 180 days.