View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #337
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
=Angrybird 12;636900You do realize the 1970 1/2 Camaro was praised for its European styling...

NOT! maybe in your little bird world! We didn't get to Euro styling until the mid 80's when we were bombarded with cheap imports. GM's designers decided to join them rather than try to keep our original American designs. They thought that is what people wanted. It ruined the look of most American cars for a long time. I know...I was there dude.
You don't have to take my word for it take GM's

From the GM heritage center website.
http://history.gmheritagecenter.com/...Camaro_History
SECOND GENERATION 1970-1981

The second generation Camaro was introduced to the public in the spring of 1970 -- along with a slightly revised corvette. While it shared the “semi-unitized” body concept with the first generation car, virtually every part was new. The new body had a definite European influence. Front end treatments were distinctively different based on whether or not the Rally Sport package was ordered. Because SCCA Trans-Am rules changed and allowed “destroking” larger engines, the new Camaro Z-28 came with a 350ci engine developing 360 horsepower. The ultimate SS Camaro offered an optional 396ci engine with 375hp. The convertible was dropped for the second generation.
Due to a short model year, only 124,901 1970 Camaros were produced.