View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #108
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
I will ask normagene what is finger gardening.
Happy to explain, first I have to say something about my husband, he absolutely adores me and always (almost 30 years now) puts me first. He knows how I love my garden with beautiful flowers everywhere. I saw this small pink granite garden bench, just big enough for two, and the seat is about five or six inches thick. The seat alone weighs 200 pounds and each leg has to be around a 100 pounds. It's quite hefty. So what does my husband tell me, "I want that bench for my birthday", really, even for his own birthday the present he wants is something for me.

Now to the Finger Gardening: I'm not a sun person so I go out with my sun hat and of course a long long cold cold glass of ice tea to sit on my bench. And there's my husband digging/cutting/trimming/raking etc. and dirty just dripping with sweat. I look at all his hard work and with my finger I point and say; "MOVE THAT SHRUB SIX INCHES TO THE LEFT AND THAT ONE YOU JUST PLANTED THERE, NO NO NO MOVE THAT OVER HERE. OH YEAH, NOT TO BE PICKY BUT YOU MISSED A SPOT OVER THERE".

That's my husbands favorite story to tell, doesn't matter if its true or not, he just loves to tell it. For the record its NOT true, he works too hard so I let him enjoy his story. Always seems to make everyone laugh!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote