View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
First off, thank you DGthe3 for re-opening the thread.

Thank you for clarifying it for me, I had misunderstood the rule. Sadly I still think it is mostly generalized statements that I have seen. And it's happened throughout the forums so it's not like it's an isolated phenomenon.

Recently the most shocking of which was in this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36730 in post nr 31 and 38. As you will see I reacted to those in my post nr 66. Those where really out of the blue and think you will agree where some pretty blatant generalizations and just plain ignorant.

And believe me, I want to talk these kinds of things trough. Just because someone doesn't agree with me politically doesn't mean I automatically think they're an idiot. Although some posts make me wonder.
I understand your frustration, go ahead and send me a PM if you want to vent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
In the future I'll make sure to report posts that I find in violations of the rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
We should all help the mods with reporting posts that violate forum guidelines!
That would be much appreciated. As the forum has grown, we have come to rely more and more on reported posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I know you had a dedicated section, however allowing only rank and file members that have over six months of being here to be a part of and then controlling it by kicking out people who would get out of hand is something that wasn't done. If someone was to get out of hand, gets kicked out, and decides to continue ranting and calling a member names outside the area then they get further suspended and wouldn't be someone you would want in the forum anyways.. Most loyal members to this site would be respectful to each other regardless of their political affiliations. There are members here of all ages, and most trouble makers would be people that don't care if they get booted from the site. I think you guys should give it a try once more, especially with all that is going on politically. I think you would be surprised how quickly those immature folks get booted and how quickly the conversations become enlightening and useful to all the community.
As it says in the rules, we're welcome to the idea of bringing back political discussion once our members prove that they are mature enough to do so. However, I haven't seen any improvement to justify it yet. I supported the idea in the first place, and fought to keep it for a while until it was obviously beyond hope. I welcome the day when we can discus politics here again. But I don't think that is going to happen in the near future.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum