View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjames View Post
Just put mine in last weekend and let me tell you it was the best thing I have done! It makes the shifting so much tighter. Second to third is like butter now. I got the new version of it that they designed. I did not know this till I put it in but they now come with new front forks that need no leveling. Bolt it in and go. Also they now give a very generous piece of dyna mat to put in under the foams. Also now comes with a new Billitt piece to help hold the front of the shifter boot to the tunnel. The last one I installed did not have all of these "new" items and was a bit more difficult but this new set is the bomb! You will never look back after this install.
Rob
rjames is spot on, I went through my shifter box and MGW has made some minor upgrades & have changed the install process. While they include the old video on disc, they also include updated instructions. Incremental improvements are a sign of a company that cares. The new forks and new metal piece to hold in the front of the boot being the most significant. The new piece of metal bolts up into the front holes of the tunnel that were previously left blank where the small piece of dynamat was originally used. For me this is a good improvement as leaving those holes unused was bothersome. They also include a suggested use of dynamat that is left over for the ebrake. Based on what they say, the ebrake could rattle when in the down position as there could be metal on metal rubbing. A little piece of dynamat on the main metal & no more rattle. Again, this is a sign of a company that cares, not just in it for profit. The ebrake has very little to do with the shifter, except for proximity & an aftermarket shifter could pronounce this, so it is MGW helping us out. Good stuff and probably helpful to others that may run into rattling with their emergency brake. EDIT: after reading through some old posts from 2011, I see these upgrades were made a while ago, that does not change my thoughts expressed above.

Last edited by djcfuzz; 10-29-2013 at 08:54 PM.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote