View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Car won't start Related to the battery cable issues but Different

OK here is the skinny.

My car would not start but put was getting power to everything excecpt the starter. I looked under the car and saw that the recall work had been done on the battery cable. I started to get worried. I then went through the other users post and found one where someone had the same issue. His problem was a yellow wire going to the starter that was no connected properly. My issue was a purple one that was not connected properly going to the starter. Once they reconnected the clip the car worked with no issues. The dealership is guessing that when the factory did the repair on the battery cable they pulled on the starter wires to get at them better and the clip that is covered with weather coating shrink wrap pulled apart or was never clipped properly to begin with.

Either way Ferman Chevrolet in Tarpon Springs Fl. rocked they took exceptional care of me. The service Manager Billy Monteverde went above and beyond to be sure I was taken care of. He actually delayed a trip with his family to be there when my car came in to work on it and stayed until the issue was resolved. All the while his family was waiting at the dealership for him to finish.

NOW That is service!!!!
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote