View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
NVMYSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Am I reading this wrong, or did you send him the money then assume fraud on the same day? I saw the point about your wife's screen name, but some types of paypal transfers take 3-5 business days. Maybe he's keeping the sale open until your check clears, so to speak.

Either way, hope it works out for you!
I am fieldgoal00's wife. After the money was sent he told my husband they would be shipped from Washington, however I had already looked him up and knew that he lives in Arizona. This was a red flag to me so without telling my husband I sent him a message from my screenname asking if they were still for sale and he replied yes and that he had to get rid of them today. I replied with a message asking for his phone number so I could call and talk to him about the headers and it took him forever to reply and when he did he said they were already sold. (He probably figured out that fieldgoal00 and nvmyss are married) I then sent him another message explaining that all of this seems fishy so I asked him to call me. After a few more hours went by and he never replied that's when I threatened to call the police in AZ. As soon as I said that he made all of his pictures on photobucket private (but I had already printed them) and started deleting stuff off of his account on www.grrrr8.net which is another forum website that I found him on and I also tried to contact him there.
I am fully aware that it takes 3-5 days for paypal to transfer the funds however his lack of communication after we questioned why the headers would be shipped from washington is why we are assuming fraud. He knows the money is guaranteed b/c he had us send it through "personal" on paypal. He said this was to avoid the 3% service fee that they charge, but also when you send money that was you can't retract it, cancel it, or dispute it, according to paypal.