View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #1132
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Im thinking of ordering the vittese paddles (for 2011 camaro), the design looks excellent! I love the finger rest grove on the back, they look like they are made of two steal pieces with the 3 black screws in the button part holding them together, can that part be separated and removed? Because Im thinking of just epoxying ONLY the lever part to the existing plastic button-so there would be no need to pop off the GM button at all. Can anyone with a 2011 style set give advice on this?
Does this sound possible?
I just want to have this figured out before I order.
Thanks man!
I've got a 2011 with the paddle shifters. The problem with what you are thinking of doing is that the original plastic button is slopped towards the instrument panel. If you epoxy just the lever part of the paddle shifter to the button then it will be too far forward, IMO, and might interfere with turn signals, etc.

The other issue is that the epoxy will need to have both pieces sand papered in order to create a rough surface for it to bond better. Even with that the epoxy might not hold if you get over zealous while shifting.

I put them on as instructed and absolutely love the feel of them. It makes shifting so much more fun. Just my .02 cents.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.