View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #75
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikMD View Post
Jeez, man. Lay off a bit. If GM hadn't had all of the financial issues that it has recently, there's a good chance you wouldn't be bit**ing as much as you are.

As others said, it is a supplier part issue - GM didn't MAKE the tranny, they bought it. It seems that as soon as they realized there was a problem, they are working to fix it.

On another note, do you know how much energy is in a 4000-6000 rpm clutch dump?? I almost expect a few to break. Although I'm a ER doctor now, my initial degree is in mechanical engineering, so please trust me on this.

And on my last note...do you know the reason GM went under???? Is is NOT because they built a bad car. It is because they are trying to pay full retirement to 700,000 people, and only employ 50,000. It is a monumental strain on their finances. 700,000 retired employees. Just so you can see numbers...IF each of those people received 30k/yr as their full retirement (many receive ALOT more), that means GM is paying out $21 BILLION dollars each year just for retirement. Think about how they could make enough profit to maintain their facilities, pay their workers, fund concept development, advertise...you get the point.

I only say this because I get so tired of people ragging on GM without knowing the root of the problem - its not because of a recall or a bad part that GM went under. Keep that in mind, educate yourself a bit before you rant, and give them a break - they are immediately researching the problem as soon as it arose - what more could you expect?
Well said MajikMD. GM's issues are so complex, it's ridiculous. I'm just glad to be in a position to get one of these beauties, and especially b/c of the situation GM is in, they probably won't be around long. Take heed in Bob Lutz saying 4s and 6s are the future.
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?