View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #545
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post

So are you going to be able to get one Ofer?
As for the price i was thinking the car price was going to be more so the fact it only this price, gives me more to spend on mods.

In a word yes as sone as the dealer get the Allocation for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If you are comparing any two production cars you should only be comparing them as they come from the factory. Once you throw into the comparison, "If this car had ----- or this car had ----- the other car has", you are invalidating your comparison.
you got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Why are some of you seemingly reacting so heavily to the question of tires on an otherwise stock ZL1? I fail to see why such harsh reactions to this relatively simple suggestion of a comparison are being made. I have a ZL1 and have no issue of which is top dog, even with tires. It's a reasonable question for an enthusiast looking to purchase a track car from the Chevy stable to ask. I think this site gets bashed by being un-objective at times and this appears to be one of those times. I'm as Chevy loyal as they come (4 new Chevrolets that I own) and have had nothing but GM for the past 25 years. This question of putting stickier tires on a ZL1 is rationale one for somebody looking to purchase a trackable Camaro. I'm fairly certain exploration of this question will not discredit the Z/28 or hurt sales in any way.
I love the ZL1 its a grate car, but i want a NA car, where i live and drive we get hot in the summer time, 120+ and no FI lives long when you run it hard in this temp.

That said, we or I am tired of members saying that the only way the Z/28 is faster is the tires, its not the tires, its the engineering that went in to this car, it was made to be a track car first, the ZL1 was made to be a FI car with all the bell's and whistle's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why? Because ZL1 owners have been complaining that it isn't fair the Z/28 has better tires since the Z/28 was announced. If you want to improve the performance of your personal car, then that is fine but if you want the ZL1 to get the Z/28 tires in an attempt to beat a stock Z/28, then that is a whole different issue. You may not want to discredit the Z/28 but a lot of people came to this subforum posing the same question in an attempt to do so.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Why would the tires matter in recalibrating the suspension anyway? The car sits on top of the springs and shocks, sprung weight. That is what the ECU is reading along with the speed sensors. Just lowering the CG will not affect the Mag ride. If you lower it excessively then you have an issue. I lowered my ZL1 and have had no recalibration issues.
But you lost travel in the suspension by doing it that way, they did it with 1 in lower rims and tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Agree: "bring what you got" from your local GM dealer! And no, you can't get more power there for either of the cars. And why should a car that already costs 50% more need any additional options? As to the "nose heavy" ZL1: its F/R axle weight distribution is: 51.8 to 48.2. What's Z/28's? If you know it pls post it as I can't find it. Thanks!
And they did that by adding more to the rear and front so it did not loss to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
"Now" as in "now that the Z/28 is here". I am expecting dealers to stock parts as they do for all cars they sell. And if not, being able to order them and install them on a Camaro of my choice (assuming they fit).

Good luck with that, i dont, it will take a law by congress to get the rims out of GM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote